[APG Public List] Genealogical Societies

Amy Crow amy at amyjohnsoncrow.com
Mon Apr 5 15:50:51 MDT 2010

I have to second what Jay said. Building it is a start, but you simply cannot stop there. Further, if your society doesn't have a meaningful online presence -- both in terms of content and of outreach -- your society is going to be viewed as not being meaningful. Societies moan about losing members to the Internet or how online researchers aren't real researchers. Folks, that's where the game is today. If you're not on that playing field, you are dooming your society eventually to be cut from the team. (Sorry -- all this opening day of baseball stuff has crept into my brain <g>)

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Amy Johnson Crow, CG