[APG Public List] Genealogical Societies

JFonkert at aol.com JFonkert at aol.com
Mon Apr 5 15:41:44 MDT 2010

Elissa is right about putting something out there that people value.
However, after you build it, you need to let people know it's there.  The  web
(websites, social networking, etc.) is essential, but it takes much  more.
In smaller communities, it is possible to get media exposure, but in  larger
metropolitan communities media exposure is hard to come by.   Networking
with related organizations is one strategy. Neighborhood  newspapers are worth
a try.  It is important to promote both your society  in particular and
family history in general.  I can't say my organization  excels at any of these
things, but we're trying.

In a message dated 4/5/2010 4:36:36 P.M. Central Daylight Time,