[APG Public List] Ancestry Public Trees Use of Census Ages pre-1850

Connie Sheets clsheets1 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 5 15:05:22 MDT 2010

I'm not much of a fan of Ancestry trees, but they do not compute ages from census records.  They compute the age from what one enters as a birth date.  If you enter "abt 1780" as a birth date, then yes, it will tell you the person is age 50 at the time of the 1830 census, but if you leave the birth date blank, there is no age shown for the 1830 census event.

At least, that's how it works for me (I just tested it).

Connie Sheets
Arizona