[APG Public List] Help deciphering Baltimore, Maryland street name in one census andthree draft card

Michael Hait michael.hait at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 2 16:39:20 MDT 2010

The street on the census is "Hugo Ave."

The street on the draft cards is "Barnum Ave."

For general reference, if you are having trouble deciphering street names in
Baltimore, the city directories are online at Footnote.com, and each city
directory has a street index.  this street index serves another purpose,
because it will allow you -- using the Block Maps -- to ascertain the block
number for each address.  Baltimore's deeds are organized in "Block Books"
rather than traditional deed books, so you will need the block number to
know which Block Book to look in for deeds and leases.

Michael Hait
Laurel, Md.