[APG Public List] for Greek researchers

Debbie Petrides petrides at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 30 06:33:14 MDT 2009

I don't know how many others besides myself there are out there.
For those interested, the General National Archive (GAK - Geniko Archio tou Kratos) has digitized records from nearly every part of the country.
Now from the village of my forefathers, these date to 1862. The neighboring village may date to 1700.  This is an extremely valuable resource. In my opinion, there is no more important one in Greece than this.  I'd like to warn however that most of these papers are hand written and in very very old style Greek.

http://srv-gak.att.sch.gr/gsa

Enjoy!

In the past week since I discovered the papers had been put online, I've added 5 ggg-grandmothers and countless gggg-grandfathers.  I can only imagine how many more would be revealed if the documents went back a little further.