[APG Public List] Census

Ray Beere Johnson II raybeere at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 25 14:58:33 MDT 2009

--- On Fri, 9/25/09, Richard A. Pence <richardpence at pipeline.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, this is politically unacceptable to some - for the
> undercounts usually are in urban areas and the over in more affluent
> areas (two homes, etc.). The former vote Democrat and the latter
> Republican.

     Disclaimer: I am apolitical, at least in the sense that I view both parties as being two sides of the same coin. However, I do hate to let a clearly sloppy assumption pass. Doing so encourages bad research habits.
     If the quoted statement were true as it stands, the first time the Democrats had the power to do so, a statistical sampling would have been mandated by law. I don't pretend to know all the reasons - and they may well be political - but they must be more complex than this.
                            Ray Beere Johnson II