[APG Public List] Ancestry census searches, other resources

hhsh at earthlink.net hhsh at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 23 15:21:07 MDT 2009

David --

I believe HeritageQuest Online has part of what you're looking for. Go to
ascertained that in 1910 there was one head of household born in Maine who was
living in Blackford County, Indiana. Outside of 1880, however, it's just heads
of households AFAIK. And no indexes 1830, 1840, 1850, or most of 1930. So its
value will depend on exactly what you need or can make do with.

Harold

> Good afternoon.
>
> In the past, I've had good luck using the databases on Ancestry to do some statistics based on census records.
When I now go to do a search in these materials, based on birthplace and locale, only, I find the search results vary widely from what I would expect.

> Can anyone identify for me a census database provider, whose materials and search
engine will simply let me do a numerical count of persons in a jurisdiction (like a state or
 county within a state) from a particular jurisdiction (like a state or country). I do not want to
have to enter every county in the state individually, I am looking to develop some summary statistics.