[APG Public List] Genealogical vs. Non-genealogical [TracingLiving Descen...

DonnDevine at aol.com DonnDevine at aol.com
Mon Sep 21 12:12:26 MDT 2009

Larry asked:

>First, define "missing persons".

I used the tem generically, in the sense of a person whose whereabouts or
identity is unknown to the inqutrer. This would bring a search for the person
within the scope of "private investigation" as it is licensied in a number
of states. I presented the information only as a caution, not to debate
whether or not such activity is or should be licensed in a particular
jurisdiction.

Donn Devine, CG, CGL
Wilmington DE

CG, Certified Genealogist, CGL, and Certified Genealogical Lecturer are
service marks of the Board for Certification of Genealogists, used under
license by board certificants after periodic evaluation, and the board name is
registered in the US Patent & Trademark Office.