[APG Public List] Genealogical vs. Non-genealogical

Bonnie Kohler kohlerbj at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 20 13:15:30 MDT 2009

In regard to searching for the living, several years ago, when I was first
learning how to research, I posted a message to a message board in search of
a friend from elementary school. (I wouldn't use the boards for that now.) I
didn't get a reply.

A few years later, a law firm in Austria saw my post and contacted me. They
were looking for descendants of my friend's deceased mother. By then my
search skills had advanced to the point where I could tell them where to
find the obituary for the mother. As a result, my friend and her sibling
received an inheritance.

Bonnie Dunphy Kohler
APG member, Florida