[APG Public List] Genealogical vs. Non-genealogical

Catherine Desmarais stonehouseresearch at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 09:39:16 MDT 2009

I am finding this to a fascinating discussion, and it really highlights the
need our field has for definitions and ethical standards.  Does NGS or APG
have any position statements on any of these issues? (I will take a look at
the websites.) I think it would be valuable to try to hash out some draft
standards, perhaps on the private list. The value lies in the discussion and
sharing of experiences. With the rise in forensic genealogy and genealogists
specializing in adoption searches, and the increasing availability of
information on the internet, it is a timely topic.Cathi Desmarais