[APG Public List] Genealogical vs. Non-genealogical

LBoswell laboswell at rogers.com
Sun Sep 20 09:26:05 MDT 2009

Any ethical researcher doing adoption related searches already takes these
kinds of issues into account.  It would be simply wrong for any number of
reasons to pass information directly to the client without safeguards.  The
researcher's position in these cases should be to act in the fashion of an
intermediary rather than simply passing on name/address to the client.
Prior permission requested first from the person that the researcher has
found is a given.

Larry