[APG Public List] Vol 3 Issue 24--Kathy

Catherine Desmarais stonehouseresearch at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 07:33:55 MDT 2009

I have done cases for a law firm to find remaindermen beneficiaries who were
unrelated individuals. I had nothing but a name and a 45 year old address to
work with. This is basically a "missing persons" issue. I think genealogists
do this sort of work, but it is up to each of us to decide if that is what
we as individuals want to do. Personally, I would do it for a law firm, but
not for an unknown private individual. I haven't done adoption research but
many genealogists do. I think that we need to be careful when defining what
genealogists do, vs. what we personally feel comfortable doing.
Cathi Desmarais
Stone House Historical Research
Vermont