[APG Public List] weird occupation

Barb Wylie wyliebbw at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 19 13:59:55 MDT 2009

As a teenager, our youngest child would say, "Oh Mom, that was an 'on
location joke.' It was hilarious when it happened but you had to be there to
understand."  Genealogists often think of what a particular word means in
our day instead of what it meant in the context of the ancestor's time and
place.

My thanks to the person who began this thread of discussion. It is an
example of the APG List at its best. I think we all learned at least one
additional meaning of the word "stripper."

Barbara Brixey Wylie

APG Member

  _____