[APG Public List] weird occupation

hhsh at earthlink.net hhsh at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 18 14:20:34 MDT 2009

I'm just thinking (when I should be working) that this is what makes this a
great list. A joke turns into a learning experience! Thanks, Alvie.

Harold

> Hi Roland
> Having worked in the glass bottle manufacturing industry for 25 years I know
> there were many glass companies in West Virginia.
> A stripper could be anything in the glass plant also. We had men and women who
> stripped waste off moulds.
> I was a glass bottle blower machine operator which made soda, beer, and liquor
> bottles before I moved on up to foreman who diagnosed operator problems.
> You might find this family worked for either Owens Glass or Owens-Illinois
> Glass.
>
> Alvie L. Davidson CG
> Lakeland, Florida
> http://alviesgenealogyspot.blogspot.com
>

> CG and Certified Genealogist are Service Marks of the
> Board for Certification of Genealogists
> used under license after periodic evaluations by the Board.

Harold Henderson
Research and Writing from Northwest Indiana
hhsh at earthlink.net
home office 219/324-2620
http://www.midwestroots.net
http://midwesternmicrohistory.blogspot.com