[APG Public List] weird occupation

Alvie L. Davidson CG floridasearch at verizon.net
Fri Sep 18 14:00:37 MDT 2009

Hi Roland

Having worked in the glass bottle manufacturing industry for 25 years I know
there were many glass companies in West Virginia.

A stripper could be anything in the glass plant also.  We had men and women
who stripped waste off moulds.

I was a glass bottle blower machine operator which made soda, beer, and
liquor bottles before I moved on up to foreman who diagnosed operator
problems.

You might find this family worked for either Owens Glass or Owens-Illinois
Glass.

Alvie L. Davidson CG
Lakeland, Florida
http://alviesgenealogyspot.blogspot.com