[APG Public List] 1880 Census & Index

Michael John Neill mjnrootdig at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 16:24:20 MDT 2009

One can perform Boolean searches on the 1880 CDs that cannot be performed on
the website and if one is clever, there is MUCH greater flexibility in using
the CDs as opposed to using the website, either FamilySearch or Ancestry.

I was under the impression that Ancestry used the transcription that had
been created by FamilySearch for 1880. Their search interface was different
and search capabilities were not the same, but they pulled from the same set
of data. I think this is what is stated on the 1880 search page at
Ancestry.com.

Michael
Michael John Neill
Weekly "Casefile Clues" Column