[APG Public List] 1880 Census & Index

Craig Kilby persisto1 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 11:38:52 MDT 2009

Claire:

The disks ARE scanned and digitized. The advantage is that the
spelling and search functions are much more correct than what the
people in India have transcribed for ancestry.com.

I suppose it all depends on how much you use the 1880 census. For my
own personal use and in my practice, this is not probably all that
important. But for a good many of our patrons at the library, it is
VERY important. You'll have to weigh the pros and cons. It does not
take up all that much shelf space.