[APG Public List] Heritage Book problem

Jeanette Daniels jeanettedaniels8667 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 1 21:12:33 MDT 2009

Dear Everyone,

A few months ago, there was a discussion about a particular book on the APG mailing list.  At that time, I decided to buy it through Heritage Books.  I ordered the book because the on-line free thesis paper version that the book was written from wouldn't open for me.  I talked with a genealogist friend of mine letting him know that I had ordered the book and he could read it once it came.  He explained that he had been able to get into the thesis paper and explained how I could get into it as well.  Once I was able to read this, I canceled the order.  That was within 24 hours of originally ordering the book.

To my surprise, a few days later, I got an email stating that the book had been shipped.  I telephoned Heritage Books to find out why it was sent since I had canceled it.  I was told to just return it unopened when it came.  The book eventually came and I sent it back unopened with "Return to Sender" on the outside.

I was shocked to get a bill yesterday for the book stating that my payment was overdue.  Has anyone else been having trouble with Heritage Books lately?  You may contact me off list.

Thanks,

Jeanette