[APG Public List] [APG Members] Exciting New Dimension for DNAResearch

Scott Mueller scott at appletree.com
Sat Oct 31 14:49:57 MDT 2009

I realize I said the TechCrunch article was harsh, I meant the comments to
the article...

I'm just curious how big a market opportunity 23andme thinks their genealogy
services is and if they're going to focus on this or their staff cuts are
going to affect it.  Clearly, I think everyone agrees, decoding our genes to
find physical traits including risks for cancer is immensely valuable.
Personalized medicine and associated health benefits... this is the future.
But I read a lot about disappointed users given that we're basically just
not there yet.  On the other hand, I'm now reading about so many really
amazing stories of people successfully using 23andme ancestry and
relationship finder services.  This is something that is immediately
resonating with a lot of people.

--
Scott Mueller
http://www.appletree.com