[APG Public List] [APG Members] Exciting New Dimension for DNAResearch

Kenyatta D. Berry kenyattadb at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 10:23:57 MDT 2009

Just an FYI - Layoffs were confirmed at 23AndMe -
http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/10/29/layoffs-confirmed-at-23andme/.  I am
sure there will be consolidation in this area since there are a number of
companies who offer simliar services to 23andme.

We have reduced our staffing levels in a restructuring of our workforce.
This was a very difficult decision, but one that we felt was necessary to
achieve 23andMe’s long-term business development goals and maintain our
strength in the industry.

These cuts, which are a reflection of the current economic environment all
companies are facing, will allow us to continue to invest in the growth of
our Personal Genome Service and research endeavors.

Regards,

Kenyatta D. Berry

--
Kenyatta D. Berry