[APG Public List] [APG Members] Exciting New Dimension for DNAResearch

JYoung6180 at aol.com JYoung6180 at aol.com
Thu Oct 29 17:49:03 MDT 2009

Larry-

There is no pedigree sharing here until people are already MATCHED by  the
relative finder and agree to share both the basic DNA matches found by
23andme AND their own family history to the extent they know it.

I've been identified as having a matching segment on chromosome 7 with an
adoptee trying to learn both his medical AND family history. We obviously
haven't found the relationship on this one but we know it is back there --
estimated about 300 years ago. And that tell-tale chromosome got passed down
to  both of us through the years.

Joan

In a message dated 10/29/2009 7:44:43 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,