[APG Public List] [APG Members] Exciting New Dimension for DNAResearch

LBoswell laboswell at rogers.com
Thu Oct 29 17:44:39 MDT 2009

One problem on some online genealogical DNA databases is that many
unverified pedigrees were submitted, and that has to have an impact. The DNA
hits would then take you to possibly an individual who in turn has wrongly
identified common ancestors.

If a person has submitted their DNA but attached it to the the wrong
individuals, how could that be identified and corrected.  I think you'd
still have to then go and verify that person's ancestral research before
drawing any conclusions?

Or am misinterpreting the risk here?

Larry