[APG Public List] [APG Members] Exciting New Dimension for DNA Research

Scott Mueller scott at appletree.com
Thu Oct 29 17:40:33 MDT 2009

I understand what you were saying now.  Wow, I wonder what the odds are of
finding matches.  Do they publish any numbers?  Number of entries in their
database you can match against, average number of matches?

I'm also wondering if there are any other DNA testing companies that
affordably test X and autosomal chromosomes to the degree necessary to find
relationships the way 23andme does?  I see Family Tree DNA offers those
tests at reasonable prices.  Are those sufficient?  Of course, then they
would also have to facilitate the matching process.

It would be interesting to either have a master database or service that DNA
testing companies participate with to find relationships across DNA
databases.

--
Scott Mueller
http://www.appletree.com