[APG Public List] [APG Members] Exciting New Dimension for DNA Research

JYoung6180 at aol.com JYoung6180 at aol.com
Thu Oct 29 17:10:05 MDT 2009

Males inherit a single X chromosome from their mother and they get a Y from
 their father. Females inherit TWO X chromosomes -- one from their mother
and the  other from their father. Normally, taken alone, I'd not be able to
tell which  was which--but this match has to be with my dad's X because my
mother's wouldn't  have matched his from his mother because our relationship
is provable through my  dad and his mother. His mother had TWO X chromosome
as all females do--but she  would only pass one along to her son or daughter
and the father would contribute  the other -- an X or a Y depending upon the
sex of the child. (There are some  rare males who inherit an extra X and
are XXY but that is very rare and, don't  laugh, has been associated with a
proclivity for being a mass murderer--for  real, I'm not making this up).

Joan

In a message dated 10/29/2009 7:00:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,