[APG Public List] Need some help with Roman numerals

ndnicol at epix.net ndnicol at epix.net
Tue Oct 27 04:55:29 MDT 2009

Hello Roland,

What you describe is called a chronogram and is most commonly found in Germany on buildings, but even more often on coins of the 16th through 19th centuries. Numerous examples exist and are also found with some frequency in the U.K.

Norman D. Nicol, Ph.D.
Professional Genealogist/Family Historian
Specializing in NE Pennsylvania, England, esp. Cornwall, and Scotland

More information about the APGPublicList mailing list