[APG Public List] Age 21 as legal mandate for sale of land in 1814Virginia

CL Swope (alfonsa) alfonsa at cynthiaswope.com
Sun Oct 25 14:59:10 MDT 2009

Richard, Thanks for your response.
 I have been told that  a person could pretty much purchase land at any
age in Virginia, but during some periods you had to be 21 to sell it.  I
am wondering if this (again, April and May 1814) was one of those
periods and how to ascertain if in fact this was the case at this
particular time, or if, in fact, it was not.
 I'm only asking this one question. Specifics aren't required I don't
think.  I have no idea where to look for the answer, and hope someone
might know!
Cynthia