[APG Public List] Citations from Ancestry for the Texas Marriage Collection, 1814-1909 and 1966-2002

Beth Gay bethg at integrity.com
Mon Oct 19 20:11:33 MDT 2009

Craig, I have been a member of WeRelate since 2007 and am one of the
many volunteer administrators. Glad to have you and would love to have
increased participation by experts in the genealogical field. WeRelate
is still in beta and still evolving. Some of the earlier gedcoms
uploaded were basically copies of trees from various locales without
sources and some without dates. The gedcom upload process was made more
difficult to encourage new users who were interested to become active
users.  One page for each person and one page for the family is the
basic concept on WeRelate. Unlike Ancestry or Rootsweb; where one finds
multiple pages for the same individual there is only one on WeRelate.

We did consolidate some sources such as the SSDI and the source page
identifies the available locations.

However, WeRelate is not a replacement for your genie program. You still
need to maintain your genie program. Probably sometimes in 2011;
WeRelate may have an interactive genie program.

Warmest regards, Beth G, Auburn AL