[APG Public List] Virginia Records

Michael Hait michael.hait at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 17 18:01:24 MDT 2009

In addition to Deb's very good advice, I have ordered some older marriage records directly from the county in which they occurred.  I believe that the state records are simply certificates reflecting the county licenses and returns.  Virginia marriage records also generally name the parents.  However, my experience in Virginia is in the late 19th for birth and marriage, and early 20th for death, so the laws may have changed in that time.

Michael