[APG Public List] Virginia Records

Deb's Family History familyhistory at ymail.com
Sat Oct 17 16:40:39 MDT 2009

>From the SSDI on RootsWeb he died in Raven, Buchanan County, VA. I would order his SS-5 from the SS Administration. The cost is $27.00, if you have his SSN, which is listed on RootsWeb. There is also a link on the right of his listing for a form letter that you can print out to order the SS-5. This form did ask the applicant for parents names. I have ordered several and it has been worth the money.

Just a thought...

Debra Stiff Monsive
Cottage Grove, Oregon

--- On Sat, 10/17/09, Russell Dorr <russelldorr at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Russell Dorr <russelldorr at yahoo.com>
Subject: [APG Public List] Virginia Records
To: apgpubliclist at apgen.org
Date: Saturday, October 17, 2009, 10:11 PM

I could use some help.

I sent a check to the Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Health for a birth (4 Jul 1906), marriage and death (24 Nov 1974) record for John Melvin Barnett. I do not know this person's parents - this is what I'm trying to find out. I also do not know exactly what county these events occurred, probably Russell or Tazewell. I have an exact name and exact date of birth and death. How many persons meeting that description could there be? So they sent my check back requesting the above information...which I am trying to find out. If I had it, I wouldn't have had to request the information.

Is there someone I could pay to go there physically and retrieve these records?

Baffled,

Bud Dorr
Casco, Maine

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----