[APG Public List] Burke's Peerage etc.

LBoswell laboswell at rogers.com
Thu Oct 8 12:36:14 MDT 2009

It's an interesting area to work in, and there are some credible sources. If
you want to explore the era directly , there more period State Papers online
now. Early Rolls that have been transcribed and can be searched online. Use
the Peerage as a general map.

I have managed to use my high school latin to make sense of Medieval
documents, though with more than a little help from an excellent little free
Latin-English translation program that handles  medieval latin phrases. Be
warned though that if you go back to sources contemporary to the Elizabethan
time period, it's easy to get side-tracked into following some fascinating
material.

Larry