[APG Public List] Virginia taxation

Pat Duncan GenNutLdn at msn.com
Wed Oct 7 11:06:25 MDT 2009

The book "The Genealogist's Guide to Researching Tax Records" by Carol Cooke
Darrow, CG and Susan Winchester, PhD, CPA may be of help.  It gives
information about various types of tax records throughout the country,
including Virginia.

Having abstracted the 1782-1850 Loudoun County and Fairfax County Personal
Property Tax Lists, I can state that taxing horses and cattle was common. It
does not, however, differentiate those owned versus those being driven into
or through the county.

Pat Duncan
GenNutLdn at msn.com