[APG Public List] Participating in Evaluations

Laura Prescott laura at lauraprescott.com
Wed Oct 7 05:17:29 MDT 2009

Claire,

When I was involved in GENTECH, we relied on evaluations to inform the next
year's program chairs as well as provide feedback to speakers. The same is
done at New England's NERGC conference. When I worked at NEHGS, I made sure
that speakers privately received any comments and evaluations provided.

On the other side of the lectern, as a speaker, I especially appreciate
hearing the reviews: the good, the bad, and the ugly. GENTECH, NERGC, the
Ohio Genealogical Society Conference, and a few one-day seminars at which
I've presented talks have provided me with comments and ratings which have
made a big difference in my self-evaluation. Evaluations that are developed
well and actually used (by speakers and conference chairs) can be a valuable
tool for creating better conference programs in the future.

Best,
Laura

--
Laura G. Prescott