[APG Public List] Participating in Evaluations

Wanda Samek wanda at sameks.us
Tue Oct 6 13:15:38 MDT 2009

Sometimes I wonder if the questions on the evaluation form are too generic.
We get accustomed to the questions and scales and don't focus on what may be
more important questions.  I don't have the answers, but it would be more
meaningful in some situations to have an evaluation form with questions
formulated specifically for that presentation - i.e., was the level of
knowledge appropriate to the attendees, was the lecture sufficiently
comprehensive, did the lecture take the direcftion you expected, was
material covered what you anticipated, did you learn anything new, how did
the speaker relate to the audience, did the presentation leave you wanting
to know more, how many times have you heard this same lecture.

Just thoughts on a rainy afternoon . . .

Wanda Samek