[APG Public List] Webinar software

Jeanette Daniels jeanettedaniels8667 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 5 19:21:06 MDT 2009

Dear APG member and public lists,

I talked with my IT person at HGC and he and I believe that we will be
able to come up with the webinar software needed to present webinars
for those interested on both APG lists.  I explained to Troy (IT person)
that members live in several different time zones and countries (Canada,
Germany, Israel, Australia, etc.) so that the software
will need to be able to tape presentations for later broadcast for those
unable to be awake when live presentations are given.  So, the
software needs to accomodate live broadcasting as well as taped
later broadcasts of information.  We also need the ability for students
to be able to ask questions of the presenters.  So, there will need
to be a way to answer immediate questions as well as those
questions from students (list members) who have to watch the
presentations later.

We also want these broadcasts to be secure so that the information
is available for only those it is intended for.

Troy will begin looking for what he believes will be the best software
for us to use.  When he has had a chance to find what he believes is
best, I will get back to the lists.  We already have a web address not
in use that will work well for the webinars.  We also have are own server
and will section off a place for the new address and the webinar
software as soon as Troy picks it and programs the server.

I'll be back in touch.

Jeanette