[APG Public List] National Genealogical Meetings

jfonkert at aol.com jfonkert at aol.com
Mon Oct 5 08:03:45 MDT 2009

Good observation, Barbara.? I'm attracted to books by cover art, and conference attendees often have little to go on other than the lecture title.? The title needs to give people some idea why the lecture would be worth? their while.? And, as I suggestted in my response to Caroly Billingsley, it's not an all or nothing thing.? You can use short case studies within a broader talk.? People want to learn how to do family history research -- they don't want to hear an hour-long exposition of your family history.

Jay Fonkert, CG

Saint Paul, MN