[APG Public List] 1840 Census - Citation Question

hhsh at earthlink.net hhsh at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 4 10:40:11 MDT 2009

Arne --

Good for you! I think you have read EE correctly; I think it would be wise to
mention how Ancestry interprets the pagination, because a lot of people will
see the page in question as the "left side" of 218 rather than the "back" side
of 217.

I also think (now stepping off the edge...) that any of these systems will do
the two jobs a citation has to do. If I ever had the guts (and the extra
lifetime) to clean up my own database, this would be one of the last things I
would worry about.

Harold