[APG Public List] Who Are We, Really?

Elissa Scalise Powell, CG Elissa at PowellGenealogy.com
Sat Oct 3 20:20:30 MDT 2009

Jeanette,

I can feel your pain. However you also have dated your experience to last century. Genealogical conferences really have entered the 21st Century and do learn from their mistakes.

I would urge you to attend the NGS conference in your own local area of Salt Lake City come April 27 to May 1 and participate fully in it. Consider the pre-conference educational opportunities on Tuesday. Come to the APG roundtable Tuesday night (free!), attend the sessions, and wander through the free exhibit hall. I think you may see there are some differences and what the current attendees experience.

Best wishes,

Elissa

Elissa Scalise Powell, CG

www.PowellGenealogy.com

CG and Certified Genealogist are Service Marks of the Board for Certification of Genealogists, used under license by board certificants after periodic evaluations by the Board.