[APG Public List] National Meetings

DonnDevine at aol.com DonnDevine at aol.com
Fri Oct 2 22:36:31 MDT 2009

Amy Giroux wrote:

 >I have found trends for various European immigrant groups (Northern,
Central, Southern) along with trends for families that have been in the U.S. for
more than three generations.  I also look at the acculturation of the
immigrants into local society by tracking the changes in their burial attributes.
Understanding the
anthropological influences on immigrants can help us as genealogists to
better grasp why our ancestors did what they did.

That's exactly the sort of current research I would like to see covered in
at least one track, or on one day, at national genealogical conferences. It
probably has more significance for genealogists than for anthropologists,
and it's not likely to come to the attention of genealogists otherwise. It
doesn't have to be "pure genealogy" to be of great assistance in interpreting
genealogical research.

Amy, when and where is it likely to be published? It sounds like the sort
of material TIGTAM has been looking for.

Donn

Donn Devine, CG, CGL
Wilmington DE

CG, Certified Genealogist, CGL, and Certified Genealogical Lecturer are
service marks of the Board for Certification of Genealogists, used under
license by board certificants after periodic evaluation, and the board name is
registered in the US Patent & Trademark Office.