[APG Public List] Who Are We, Really?

jfonkert at aol.com jfonkert at aol.com
Fri Oct 2 13:54:53 MDT 2009

Obviously, awareness of the GPS drops off sharply among beginners and hobbyists.? But again, speaking from my Minnesota perespective, we have a cadre of genealogical educators that talk about evidence, analysis and the GPS is almost every talk they give.? Our rank and file genealogists have been exposed to the most important concepts.? Does it always sink in?? Of course not.? But, the solution is not professionals talking to professionals, it is professionals mixing with and talking to the broader genealogical community.? I think we are doing a good job of that in Minnesota.

Jay Fonkert, CG

Saint Paul, MN