[APG Public List] National Genealogical Meetings

barb at johnwylie.com barb at johnwylie.com
Fri Oct 2 12:15:46 MDT 2009

If I'm understanding Donn's message correctly, his question was why are
potential speakers required to submit lecture proposals more than a year
before the conference. With technology advancing at lightening speed, during
the long lead time, many resources become more accessible, more restricted,
or completely overshadowed by the conference date. Websites maintained by
volunteers may have been abandoned or the new webmaster may have made a weak
website into a treasure trove of information.

As a speaker, I've had to take time from my prepared lecture to point out
that Item #4 on the handout's resource list is no longer current.

Barbara Brixey Wylie

Grand Prairie, Texas

APG Member

  _____