[APG Public List] National Genealogical Meetings

Wanda Samek wanda at sameks.us
Fri Oct 2 11:08:27 MDT 2009

Excellent point, Barbara.  We need the wisdom of those who have worked the
area and are familiar with the records, and that often is not to be found
outside the knowledge of experienced researchers - which makes the national
conferences tremendous resources.

While it may be true that there are very few topics on which volumes have
not been written and people have wonderful opportunities for self-education,
it is often preferable to sit in classes and actually hear the speaker's
perspective.  It provides another exposure and often a new viewpoint.

It goes without saying, of course, that the lecturers should be carefully
selected based on their presentation skills, teaching ability, knowledge,
and experience.

Wanda Samek