[APG Public List] Lost Records Localities--Virginia

Craig Kilby persisto1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 08:09:08 MDT 2009

Barbara: I was not aware of a missing first deed book in Madison
County. Since the county was formed in 1793 and Deed Book 1 starts in
1793, I just assumed their records were complete.  What is the missing
deed  book?

I enjoyed your comments about how SOME county clerk offices are less
than helpful, or worse.  On the other hand, most are helpful and do
their job and at least know what they have and where it is and TRY to
help.

Craig