[APG Public List] citation for World War II: Fourth Registration

Elissa Scalise Powell, CG Elissa at PowellGenealogy.com
Sun Nov 29 10:42:14 MST 2009

Looks like you have probably found the _Evidence Explained_ model on page
598 (section 11.33). Just as you would cite the NARA series and roll number
for a census, you would cite it here. I always think about what if the
reader did not have access to Ancestry but was able to access the microfilm?
I want to lead the reader to the information but also state in what form I
saw it (in this case Ancestry.com on a certain date).

Because Pennsylvania World War II Draft Registrations were filmed with the
front on one image screen and the back of the card on the next, depending on
the information you are citing, you may have to warn the reader about the
difference or they may not see what you are seeing if they go to look for
the source.

Best wishes,
Elissa

Elissa Scalise Powell, CG
www.PowellGenealogy.com

Ancestry.com
> (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 29 November 2009), James S. Haviaras,
serial no.
> U2222, Draft Board 3, Allentown, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania; citing
Selective Service
> Registration Cards, World War II: Fourth Registration, National Archives.
>
> My other problem is the end of the citation. There is a roll mentioned on
ancestry.com, not
> on the
> image of the card but on the database just before I click on the image.
Does that need to