[APG Public List] citation for World War II: Fourth Registration

Debbie Petrides petrides at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 29 09:39:29 MST 2009

I am using ancestry.com to access these digital images.
If ancestry isn't the compiler of a digital image, does the compiler need to be mentioned at the beginning?

Currently, I omit the compiler and compiler location and begin with the
database title.  Is this correct?

"U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942," digital images, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 29 November 2009), James S. Haviaras, serial no. U2222, Draft Board 3, Allentown, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania; citing Selective Service Registration Cards, World War II: Fourth Registration, National Archives.

My other problem is the end of the citation. There is a roll mentioned on ancestry.com, not on the
image of the card but on the database just before I click on the image.  Does that need to be mentioned?  (Roll WW2_2240379 in this case).

The citing portion is the most confusing part. The title I have at the end of the citation,
Selective Service Registration Cards, World War II: Fourth Registration, does that have to be in italics or in quotes?  Do I need to mention it at all?

Any help on this would be very appreciated.

Debbie Sideratos