[APG Public List] RE: Copyright question

Ray Beere Johnson II raybeere at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 25 17:17:50 MST 2009

Pat;

> Can you please provide an example subsequent to the Bridgeman v. Corel
> decision in 1999?
>
> http://www.law.cornell.edu/copyright/cases/36_FSupp2d_191.htm
>
> I believe that decision ruled such claims invalid.

     As I said, I am not a lawyer. I have neither time, nor inclination, to dig up specific cases. I don't even know if they exist. As far as I am concerned, _as I have already stated_, this is territory where _only a lawyer_ could say for certain what is and is not the law.
     In addition, I posted a further message, explaining one additional reason for my caution - one I take for granted, but which many on the list may be unaware of. If others believe there is no need for caution, they have a right to their opinion. I've stated mine. Unless you are a lawyer - something you have neither denied nor claimed, although your repeated citation of specific case law could imply to some that you are - your opinion is no more useful than my own. (At least, I have been told, by more than one lawyer, even if you discover a "relevant" case, if you are not a lawyer, your ability to correctly interpret what it means is limited at best. Can you cite a lawyer who claims otherwise?) If you are, please tell us, so that we can consider the matter settled.
                              Ray Beere Johnson II