[APG Public List] Re: One More assumption bites the dust

eshown at comcast.net eshown at comcast.net
Mon Nov 23 09:28:04 MST 2009

Phil, I haven't seen a marriage by procuration in Louisiana; in any case, not one that comes immediately to mind.

However, with regard to the 1804 code, what the law says and what actually happens isn't always the same, of course. The case I mentioned on the list the other night was one that occurred well after that. It was the 18-teens, if I recall correctly. (I can't look it up right now. Descendants are about to descend upon me for Thanksgiving. I have to finish up a paper today before I shut down the office for a week of cooking 'n cleaning 'n playing grandma. )

-e-