[APG Public List] RE: [APG Members] history of obituaries

Elissa Scalise Powell, CG Elissa at PowellGenealogy.com
Mon Nov 9 08:39:01 MST 2009

I heard a lecture on this at the New England Regional Genealogy Conference
(NERGC) in April. Pamela Eagleson, CG, gave "Grandma's Obituary Box" in
which she described the history of obituaries and how they changed over
three centuries in their expressions of values. She had some hilarious
examples as well. Pam is an APG Director and you may want to write her for
her bibliography.

-- Elissa in Pittsburgh

Elissa Scalise Powell, CG

www.PowellGenealogy.com