[APG Public List] Years in citations

Rondina Muncy rondina.muncy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 20:02:04 MST 2009

Elizabeth,

The best example I found right off the bat was the First Reference Note at
the top of p. 527 (10.33) which demonstrates the use of both pieces of
information to create a more exact citation. Now I have the reasoning behind
it. This does get confusing when I don't know if something is filed by year.
For instance, the birth certificate issued by the county in Texas may be in
a book that records births from several years (no parentheses). The same
birth certificate issued by the state is recorded by year (use parentheses).
What is the best method of determining whether something has been filed by
year, other than the number assigned to it? There probably isn't a method,
but perhaps you have some questions you pose to make a determination. I'm
sure this is second nature to you, but can lay out what you ask yourself
about the document in order to determine which category it falls in if it is
not obvious?

Thank you.

Rondina
Rondina P. Muncy