[APG Public List] Footnote and special schedules

MVMcgrs at aol.com MVMcgrs at aol.com
Tue Nov 3 13:24:28 MST 2009

In a message dated 11/3/2009 3:05:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
clsheets1 at yahoo.com writes:

Marie Varrelman Melchiori wrote:

> Rondina
>
> Ancestry does have some of the Non-Population
> schedules. Check http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/nara.aspx
>
> for a listing of the NARA microfilm that has been
> digitized by Ancestry.
>
> Marie

The listing of NARA microfilm on Ancestry is helpful and I use it
frequently, but it is also somewhat deceptive.  For example, the first entry is for
NARA Microfilm Publication Number A1154, Non-population Census Schedules for
Washington Territory, 1860-1880, for which there are eight rolls of film.

However, Ancestry has apparently only digitized one of those rolls, Roll 3,
which is the Mortality Schedules.  Roll 1, the Agricultural Census of 1860,
Roll 4, the Agricultural Census of 1870, and others are not available on
Ancestry.  (Or, so it appears; Ancestry has changed the "browse" function in
recent months, so it is not as easy as it used to be to see what they
actually have).

I believe it is the harder to find records, like the Social Statistics,
Agricultural Census, and Defective, Dependent, and Delinquent Classes schedules
that Rondina is asking about.

Connie Sheets
Arizona

I use the full schedules at NARA in DC so am not familiar with the missing
ones on Ancestry.

Thanks for mentioning the ones that are missing.

Marie

Marie Varrelman Melchiori, CG, CGL
Melchiori Research Services, L.L.C.
CG, Certified Genealogist and CGL, Certified Genealogical Lecturer are
service marks of the Board for Certification of Genealogists, used under license
by Board-certified associates after periodic competency evaluations.