[APG Public List] Footnote and special schedules

Connie Sheets clsheets1 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 3 13:05:13 MST 2009

Marie Varrelman Melchiori wrote:

> Rondina
>
> Ancestry does have some of the Non-Population
> schedules. Check http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/nara.aspx
>
> for a listing of the NARA microfilm that has been
> digitized by Ancestry.
>
> Marie

The listing of NARA microfilm on Ancestry is helpful and I use it frequently, but it is also somewhat deceptive.  For example, the first entry is for NARA Microfilm Publication Number A1154, Non-population Census Schedules for Washington Territory, 1860-1880, for which there are eight rolls of film.

However, Ancestry has apparently only digitized one of those rolls, Roll 3, which is the Mortality Schedules.  Roll 1, the Agricultural Census of 1860, Roll 4, the Agricultural Census of 1870, and others are not available on Ancestry.  (Or, so it appears; Ancestry has changed the "browse" function in recent months, so it is not as easy as it used to be to see what they actually have).

I believe it is the harder to find records, like the Social Statistics, Agricultural Census, and Defective, Dependent, and Delinquent Classes schedules that Rondina is asking about.

Connie Sheets
Arizona